To be the department that imparts professional computing training and makes competent engineer to work in the emerging areas of Information Technology field.
- To prepare competent engineers and adapt to the dynamic needs of industries.
- To pave way to the enrichment of knowledge and skills using latest technologies in the diverse domain of information technology.
- Inculcate strong ethical values and professionalism to serve society while concurrently updating knowledge and skills through life-long learning.
About the Department:
The Department of Information Technology was established in the year 2022 based on the need and demand of IT industry, with an intake of 60 students. The department was formed with the main objective of providing skill-based education in the field of Information Technology. From the period of inception, the department has been providing well defined infrastructure with different latest computer platforms for the pursuing students to meet the demands of the IT Sector. The department imparts Skill development trainings for enhancing the technical knowledge in software applications and IT Support industry. The pursuing students can get their jobs in various areas like Networking, Hardware Maintenance, Multimedia, Web Development, Software Designs, Management and Administration of Systems.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
Graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate technical competence with analytical and critical thinking to understand and meet the diversified requirements of industry, academia and research.
- Exhibit technical leadership, team skills and entrepreneurship skills to provide business solutions to real world problems.
- Work in multi-disciplinary industries with social and environmental responsibility, work ethics and adaptability to address complex engineering and social problems.
- Pursue lifelong learning, use cutting edge technologies and involve in applied research to design optimal solutions.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs)
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
To ensure graduates:
- Have proficiency in programming skills to design, develop and apply appropriate techniques, to solve complex engineering problems.
- Have knowledge to build, automate and manage business solutions using cutting edge technologies.
- Have excitement towards research in applied computer technologies.