Ragging of juniors is strictly prohibited and is against the tradition of the Institute. Any student found indulging in ragging junior or fellow students whether inside the institute or hostel premises or outside the premises will be liable to be RUSTICATED from the college, besides being handed over to the appropriate civil authority for action in accordance with law. Be it known that ragging is as much a nuisance as much a worst from of humiliation to any student in any institute. It has its worst effect and at times has led to serious problems, therefore our emphasis on its prohibition is absolutely a logical rule with force of law.
Anti Ragging Drive
Dear students since ragging in its all forms is strictly prohibited in the entire campus (Departments, Academic Blocks, Residential Blocks/ Hostel, Canteen and Sports area etc.) and outside the campus by the order of Apex Court of India/ State Govt./ UGC. So it is a appealed to all of you to desist from indulging in ragging. Let me introduce you about what constitutes ragging: Ragging constitutes one or more of any of the following acts
- Any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handing with rudeness a fresher or any other student.
- Indulging in rowdy or indiscipline activities by any student/ Students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship, physical or psychology harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other students.
- Asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating the sense of shame, or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other such student.
- Any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other students or a fresher.
- Exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group of students.
- Any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student by students.
- Any act of physical abuse including all variants of it : sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health of person.
- Any act or abuse by spoken words, emails, post, public insults which would also include deriving perverted pleasure, vicarious, sadistic thrill from actively or passively participating in the discomfiture to fresher or any other students.
- Any act that affects mental health and self confidence of any other student with or without any intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher or any students.
“As such ragging is punishable offence, so you are advised to refrain from it”
If a student is found to have committed an act of indiscipline inside or outside the campus or hostel, he/she is liable to punishment as per the decision of the Proctorial Board and Dean Students Welfare, by the director with the approval of management. The decision so arrival at will be final and binding and can not be questioned or rescinded any authority.
Provisions of punishment against those who indulge in ragging
Depending upon nature and gravity of the offence as established by anti ragging committee of the Institution, the possible punishment for those found guilty of ragging at Institutional level shall be any one or any combination of the followings:
- Suspension from attending classes.
- With holding / withdrawing scholarship/ fellowship and other benefits.
- Debarring for appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process.
- Withholding result.
- Debarring from the representing Institution in any regional, National or International Meet, Tournament and youth festival etc.
- Suspension/ expulsion from the Hostel.
- Cancellation of admission.
- Rustication from the institution for period ranging from 1-4 semesters.
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution.
- Imposing a fine of Rs. 2.5 Lacs.
- Collective punishment: when the person committing or abetting the crime of ragging are not identified, the institution shall resort to collective punishment as a deterrent to ensure community pressure on potential raggers.
- Every single incident of ragging where the victim or his parents/ guardian or Head of Institution is not satisfied with the Institutional arrangement for action a First Information Report (FIR) must be filed without exception by the institutional authority with local; police authorities. Any delay in lodging FIR with the Local police shall be construed to be an act of culpable negligence on the part of institutional authority.
Anti ragging drive: Telephone number for immediate assistance
- Dr.R.Prabhu convener | Principal | 9942231294
- Dr.R.Sasikumar | co-convener Dean / Mech | 9443874292
- Mrs.P.Manimekalai | Member EEE | 9750939938
- Mr.M.Ravichandran | Member EEE | 9976117545
- Mr.G.Selvaraj | Member Mech | 9940994060
- Mr.V.Prabhu | Member Civil | 9842370854
- Mr.K.Jayarajan | Member CSE | 9842710023
- Mrs.N.Sharmiladevi | Member Bio-Tech. | 9585497300
- Mrs. P.Selvamani | Member Physics | 9791533372