SCT – ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT CELL
The Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC) of Selvam College of Technology, Namakkal was established in the year of 2012 with the aim of instilling an entrepreneurial spirit among individual professionals. With immense enthusiasm, we work towards bringing forward the concealed potential held by today’s youth for the betterment of society. We operate on our goal by bridging the network gap that exists in the entrepreneurial ecosystem. By creating an efficient channel comprising students, entrepreneurs, investors, mentors, venture capital firms and industry experts, we aspire to break all barriers hindering growth in India’s startup sector. In addition, we strive to create an avenue for students to sharpen their business acumen and skills through competitions and interactive speaker sessions.
Vision & Mission
The Entrepreneurship Development Cell of Selvam College of Technology, Namakkal seeks to transform how entrepreneurship is perceived in society. We firmly believe that entrepreneurship is the key to fostering innovation in India and promoting the values surrounding entrepreneurship will result in attainment of the full capacity of the youth’s aptitude. We hope to create a future where the youth views entrepreneurs as statues of inspiration and entrepreneurship as a viable career option.
- To promote strong entrepreneurship among Engineers, Managers and Science students.
- To promote entrepreneurship among relevant sectors in the state.
- To collaborate with other Organization’s and institutions.
- To organize entrepreneurship development and awareness programs.
- To undertake research studies to identify high technology areas having entrepreneurship opportunities.
- To develop close links between industry-Institute by interaction programs.
- Guiding and Assisting students on various aspects such as preparing project reports, obtaining project approvals, loans and facilities from agencies of support systems and information on various technologies.
- Extending necessary guidance to the trainees in obtaining approval and execution of their projects.
- Conducting skill development training programmes leading to self/wage employment.
- Providing testing, calibration, quality assurance, design, tool room, pilot plant and other facilities for Entrepreneurs besides expertise in Intellectual Property rights, Patents search, etc.
- MSME approved Selvam Business Incubator (Awaiting for approval)
- Entrepreneurship Awareness Programme in collaboration with EDII – Ahmedabad.
- Developed 50 + Successful Entrepreneurs
- 2 Lacks – grants received from govt. of India
- 10th place in Southern part of Tamilnadu for Intellectual Property Right (IPR) Rankings.
- 10+ patents published by the faculty and students of SCT.
Entrepreneurship Connections Established
- Atal Incubation Centers (AIC)
- MSME Market Development Assistance
- The Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP), NITI Aayog
- Venture Capital Scheme for Agri-Business Development, Small Farmer’s Agribusiness Consortium (SFAC)
- Raw Material Assistance scheme, National Small Industries Corporation.
Dr. M.S. SANTHOSH, M.E., Ph.D
List of Events Organized:
|Name of the workshop /
|A Special Entrepreneur
Series- A Journey Towards
the success of life
opportunities in waste to
|Webinar on entrepreneurship
|Entrepreneurship opportunities on Solar and Smart Energy
System For Sustainable
|90||25.07.2019 & 26.07.2019|
|Entrepreneurship opportunities on Energy Auditing and Energy
|One Day Hand on Training
on Network Security Tools for entrepreneurs