Skip to content
Roles and Responsibilities of the HOD
- Allocate the subjects to the faculty members well in advance before commencement of the semester/year.
- Collect lesson plans from teaching staff before the commencement of class work and ensure that the information provided is in accordance with the format.
- Make sure that the time tables are prepared as per the guidelines given by the Principal and inform the faculty members and students at least one day before the commencement of the class work.
- Interact with students (Section wise) of their branch 15 days once, identify the problems and find solutions in consultation with the Principal.
- Verify the student attendance registers maintained by the staff members once a week and submit to the Principal for verification once in a fortnight.
- Instruct the faculty members to set the question papers as per instructions from the Principal and to maintain the confidentiality and also to evaluate the scripts promptly to meet the dead line given by the Principal. The evaluated answer sheets along with award sheet filled by the concerned faculty member have to be submitted to the exam section as per the schedule given.
- Instruct the respective class advisors to implement the dress code among the students.
- Convene departmental staff meeting once in a week on the day allotted and record the minutes of the meeting.
- Collect the student feedback about the faculty members subject wise (for all the subjects taught to the students of their branch) and communicate the feedback to the concerned faculty members in the standard format as finalised by Principal. Communicate a copy to the Principal. If any subject is handled by the other department faculty members, communicate one copy to the respective HOD. Guide the faculty members to improve their performance based on the feedback and also monitor whether the faculty members are improving from semester to semester.
- Advise the class teachers to prepare Master registers meant for posting attendance and internal marks within one week after the commencement of class work for the semester.
- Communicate the attendance particulars and internal marks of students to the concerned parents from time to time with the help of class advisors.
- Counsel the students who are absent for the assessment tests or irregular to the class.
- Form student batches and allot the project guides as per guidelines given by the Principal.
- Route all the correspondence through the office of the Principal.
- Designate faculty member who will be the HOD I/C during his/her absence and make sure that all files and records are available for HOD I/C.
- Appoint faculty as mentors and allocate students to the mentors in the beginning of the academic year.
- Inform the concerned authorities about any important events taking place in the Department from time to time.
- Arrange special classes if necessary for the benefit of below average students.
- Ensure academic discipline in the department.
- Follow the guidelines / instructions given by the Principal from time to time.
- Make arrangements to lock and seal all the laboratories before leaving the premises.
- Provide necessary inputs to the Principal for conducting Academic Council / Governing Council Meeting
- Plan and conduct MOOCs committee meeting regularly and prepare minutes of the meeting. Also, communicate the minutes of the meeting to the members concerned and also to the Principal.
Roles and responsibilities of Academic Co-ordinators
- Monitoring the academic progress of the concerned year students in each department.
- Monitoring the functions of Class Advisors.
- Approving the Internal Assessment marks for all students in their allocated classes
- Monitoring the students’ feedback.
- Monitoring the faculty performance in University results.
- Monitoring and controlling students discipline in the campus.
- Any other matter connected with students’ activities in the college and the hostels
Roles and responsibilities of Research Co-ordinators
- Monitoring the activities of Research Centre.
- Monitoring the research progress of faculty members pursuing Ph.D.
- Recommending faculty members for participation in Conference / Seminar / Workshop.
- Recommending project proposals of departments / individual faculty to funding agencies.
- Encouraging the innovation and creativity ideas of the students.
- Monitoring the progress of product development in the departments.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Class – Advisors
- Instruct all the students to attend the classes regularly and to follow the dress code.
- Collect the list of absentee students (Period wise) and submit it to the HOD daily.
- Submit the list of students absent for the internal tests to the HOD.
- Prepare 15 days attendance and submit to the HOD and Principal.
- Prepare result analysis of University Exams, Assessment Tests and Model Exams and submit to the Principal within the stipulated time and also update student record regularly.
- Instruct the students to attend all the exams without fail.
- Motivate the students to present papers in Conferences / Symposiums at regional / national level.
- Communicate the attendance particulars and internal marks of students to the concerned parents from time to time as directed by the HOD.`