To produce graduates in biomedical engineering who adhere to high ethical standards and ensure professionalism in the healthcare sector through research and core principle education.
- To develop engineering principles to raise industry standards in the healthcare sector.
- To create a multidisciplinary team of biomedical engineers to advance technologies through innovation, development and research.
- To build competence in core and interdisciplinary areas for employability and entrepreneurship.
About the Department
The Department of Biomedical Engineering at Selvam College of Technology, Namakkal, was started in the year 2022 with a view to develop skilled healthcare engineering professionals by nurturing them in a scholarly environment and developing knowledge and expertise in the field of biomedical science and engineering. The Department currently offers full-time four-years programme in Bachelor of Engineering in Biomedical Engineering and has an intake capacity of 60 students. The Department is ideally designed to meet the course objectives through well experienced faculties, well equipped laboratories & infrastructure. Our department maintains strong relationships with professionals from the industry sector as well as diverse specialties of physicians to meet the demands of the modern world and to train the students in a professional way. To bridge the gap between classroom learnings and real-world challenges, the students will be encouraged to learn through regular trips to the multispecialty hospitals.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
1. To enable the graduates to demonstrate their skills in design and develop medical devices for health care system through the core foundation and knowledge acquired in engineering and biology.
2. To enable the graduates to exhibit leadership in health care team to solve health care problems and make decisions with societal and ethical responsibilities.
3. To Carryout multidisciplinary research, addressing human healthcare problems and sustain technical competence with ethics, safety and standards.
4. To ensure that graduates will recognize the need for sustaining and expanding their technical competence and engage in learning opportunities throughout their careers.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
1. To design and develop diagnostic and therapeutic devices that reduces physician burnout and enhance the quality of life for the end user by applying fundamentals of Biomedical Engineering.
2. To apply software skills in developing algorithms for solving healthcare related problems in various fields of medical sector.
3. To adapt to emerging information and communication technologies (ICT) to innovate ideas and solutions for current societal and scientific issues thereby developing indigenous medical instruments that are on par with the existing technology.