Career Development Cell in association with Industry Institute Interaction Cell & Department of Mechanical Engineering had arranged Corporate Trek on 28.07.2017 (10.00am -04.30pm) for the benefit of the students as a part of Technical Education. 50 Students from Mechanical Engineering were being the part of visit at Integral Coach Factory, Chennai (Furnishing Division-FN & Shell Division-AN). Through this visit students have learned :
- Sheet metal shop produces all sheet metal items required for the manufacture of Underframe, Sidewall, Endwall and Roof.
- Main Assembly shop assembles the Underframe, Sidewall, Endwall and Roof to form a tube like SHELL.
- Bogie Frame manufacturing shop manufactures Bogie Frames by Laser Cutting, Press Brakes and Submerged Arc Welding machines. The components are then assembled in jigs and welded to get bogie frames.
- Bogie frames, Bolsters, springs and Wheels are assembled together and Bogies are tested in Bogie Testing machine before they are sent for wheeling.
- Final Assembly for fitment of Doors, Partition Frames and Wheeling of Bogies onto the Shells.The Shells fitted on the Bogies are dispatched to Furnishing. Division for painting and furnishing work.