Career Development Cell in association with Industry Institute Interaction Cell & Department of Mechanical Engineering had arranged Corporate Trek on 28.07.2017 (10.00am -04.30pm) for the benefit of the students as a part of Technical Education. 50 Students from Mechanical Engineering were being the part of visit at Integral Coach Factory, Chennai (Furnishing Division-FN & Shell Division-AN). Through this visit students have learned :
- Sheet metal shop produces all sheet metal items required for the manufacture of Underframe, Sidewall, Endwall and Roof.
- Main Assembly shop assembles the Underframe, Sidewall, Endwall and Roof to form a tube like SHELL.
- Bogie Frame manufacturing shop manufactures Bogie Frames by Laser Cutting, Press Brakes and Submerged Arc Welding machines. The components are then assembled in jigs and welded to get bogie frames.
- Bogie frames, Bolsters, springs and Wheels are assembled together and Bogies are tested in Bogie Testing machine before they are sent for wheeling.
- Final Assembly for fitment of Doors, Partition Frames and Wheeling of Bogies onto the Shells.The Shells fitted on the Bogies are dispatched to Furnishing. Division for painting and furnishing work.
Career Development Cell in association with Industry Institute Interaction Cell & Department of Mechanical Engineering…